To help you put the Clyde Puffer kit together, here are some helpful images showing the model in close up.
- Wash all the resin components to remove any trace of mould release agent.
- Check for fit of pieces before assembly and sand or file where needed.
- It is best to pre paint the deck before assembly as its quite tricky to do so after all the fittings are in place.
- If you do paint the deck then remember to remove paint from the fittings mating areas for better glue adhesion.
- Add thread or cord to create lower rungs of railing.
- Once you have decided where you want to position the wheel house, drill the 4 holes for the ladder handrails.
- Life ring (not shown) can be attached to the aft railings.
- Anchor (not shown) can be lifted on deck using the small davit or hoist. Or attach it to the bow at the hawsepipe.
- Add extra details like wire stays for the mast, anchor chain and coils of rope on the deck.